Assist Your Yoga Students at Every Level and Improve Your Understanding of the Body
Kamini Desai, Ph.D. clearly guides and demonstrates safe adjustment techniques for yoga students, designed to bring them into their individual safe and optimal alignment. Based on the Integrative Amrit Method of Yoga (I AM YOGA), this DVD is designed to prepare you to help your students reap the most benefit from their yoga practice.
Because we develop blocks in the body resulting from injuries, poor posture, and emotional stress, a yoga pose can be a powerful way to deliberately encounter these limitations that have been built into the body.
Each time we stay in the pose using proper alignment, we must move into areas of tightness and weakness we usually compensate around. A well-delivered assist can help your students move into all manner of limitations—unbinding blocks, re-establishing proper posture, resolving pain and tension, and maximizing the flow of vital life energy.
Safe and Effective Hands-On Adjustment and Modification Techniques for yourself and your students
- Learn to visually asses the root cause of misalignment & safely adjust your students accordingly
- Deliver clear alignment points to enhance the deeper physiological and energetic benefits of each pose
- Offer modifications for injuries and other areas of weakness and tightness
- Maintain proper alignment in your own body as you adjust your students
Apply Integrative Amrit Method of Yoga (I Am Yoga®) techniques including:
- Prepare yoga teachers to deliver assists that address the full-spectrum of student abilities, from beginners to advanced practitioners
- Learn techniques to be applied to any yoga pose affected by the common roots of misalignment outlined in this series
- Offer modifications that still provide the complete benefit of each pose and actively prepare your students to develop strength and flexibility in time
- Go beyond surface level memorization of each pose and establish a clear understanding of the body itself to address your individual students totally and holistically
This DVD specifically addresses the postures in the Integrative Amrit Method of Yoga (I Am Yoga®) Level 1 Sequence, though its techniques and applications are universal and relevant for all styles of yoga. Learn specific adjustment and modifications for the following postures:
- Sun Salutations
- Standing Mountain
- Half Moon
- Standing Back Bend
- Forward Bend
- Standing Squat
- Warrior 1
- Warrior 2 and Warrior Angle
- Wide-Legged Forward Bend
- Dancing Shiva
- Standing Hand to Foot
- Tree Pose
- Standing Yoga Mudra
- Seated Integration
- Half Locust
- Childs Pose
- Seated Yoga Mudra
- Seated Forward Bend
- Seated Spinal Twist
- Reclined Integration
- Half Shoulder Stand
- Reclined Knees-to-Chest
- Knee-Down Twist
Kamini Desai, PhD developed the core program curriculum for the Amrit Yoga Institute and teaches across the country. Trained at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, with degrees from Smith College and La Salle University, Kamini is certified in contact partner yoga, yoga therapy, massage therapy, Danskinetics, and holistic health education. Kamini’s versatile body of teachings applies the principles of yoga to the challenges of everyday life. Her corporate clients have included Sony, Mars Candy Company, and the Department of Defense of the Netherlands.
This program is to support the practice of yoga students, and has been designed for Registered Yoga Teachers. It is not a replacement for professional medical treatment or counsel or professional yoga training. Please consult with your physician prior to beginning a yoga practice.